Feel free to reply to my thoughts, experiences, and whatever comes out of this head of mine. blah blah blah

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Beep beep beep, this morning my alarm went off, I jumped out of my bed in the darkness, grabbed my cell phone and dismissed the alarm. My body was beaming with energy, I said to myself, "yes! Let's go home!" In the dark environment I reached for the door and realized.....I was home and that the alarm was so early because I had to go to the airport! YIKES! For the past 6 months my life has been a perpetual cycle of hotel to shuttle to plane to shuttle to hotel. It has been ingrained in me, part of my persona! That's scary. It almost feels awkward when I am not in this situation. And it looks like it isn't going to end anytime soon. SLC to DIA to ORD to MUC, up OSL and back down again, hopping bodies of water, N, S, E, W. Surprisingly enough my bags (all 6 of them I have to tug around) have made it on time, not always in one piece but they are there. My tools of trade, I have to drag them through customs and into the cargo van. Then pull them out and up several floors of the hotel, motel, resort, home, apartment building. But be careful and remain somewhat organized, keep track of how many times you have worn that shirt or pair of underwear, you have to make your clothes last because it is tough and time consuming to do laundry. You make it last until the next quick, one day home fly by. But home feels funny, too stagnant, where are the people the movement, the schedules. The funny thing is while I was home for one night I watched, Up in the Air, the new movie with George Clooney. I found myself recognizing and relating to his situations. I aim for airline status and know their benefits. It is a game within a game you have to play.
It may seem like I am complaining but I am not. When I do have a good break at home I urn for the P.A. announcer telling me about the "threat level being orange". When I step into the hustle and bustle of the airport I know one thing. I am most likely going skiing. Maybe that's why I love to travel???
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®