Feel free to reply to my thoughts, experiences, and whatever comes out of this head of mine. blah blah blah

Monday, January 31, 2011

Most Embarrassing Moments

In light of my recent mishap in Chamonix I decided to write a blog or my Top Four most embarrassing moments on skis.

#1 Val gardena DH 2007
I was the returning champion and all the lights were on me to do something good. this is what I did.


#2 Chamonix DH 2011
I felt comfortable on the course. I knew what I needed to do. I won the top section the training run before and all I did was go straight. I thought just go straight. I guess I absorbed the terrain too much and went above the 3rd gate! Ohhh I wanted to break something right after that. And Im glad my Mom couldn't hear the words coming out of my mouth after that mistake.

Someone needs to post this one. Or I will in a few days.

#3 Are World Cup Finals DH 2006
I was skiing well and we trained the day before in the sun light. so you could see the terrain. The next morning was the race and I didn't factor that in. I entered the halfpipe in second place just a couple hundredths out of 1st with only 6 turns left.



#4 Lenzerheide World Cup Finals DH 2007
Our coach told us we couldn't make this certain turn and we had to throw the skis a bit. I told myself I could make it. And I did! I was surprised and elated that I actually did it. the problem was I forgot that I had to keep racing.

Cant find the vid for this one SORRY

Luckily I didn't get hurt in any of mine. And sorry for the long videos I couldn't figure out how to cut some of these clips out. You will just have to watch them and see where I made some of my mistakes. They are in there somewhere.

But none of my mistakes can stack up to this one