Feel free to reply to my thoughts, experiences, and whatever comes out of this head of mine. blah blah blah

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Back on the horse

I'm back in Colorado now and back skiing! It feels good just to have some boards on my feet and stand in lift lines. I enjoy seeing all the various mountain characters from the implant wannabe gangsta thugs, free flowing dreaded hippies to the classic guy who just figured skiing would be fun and would resurrect his old gear from the 70s and take a few runs. I love what the mountain brings out and the enjoyment it brings to people. Just simply sliding down the mountain brings enjoyment. It does amaze me how many people come up to the resorts when there is only one run open and it is jam packed. The white ribbon of death is what they call it here and I defiantly feel that way.

But now I am in Copper running gates! DH, SG and GS. We have had epic conditions and our training in Vail has been premier, it would be safe to say the best in the world right now, along with the weather. There's nothing like Downhill at 6 AM then driving to Vail and training full length GS in 50-60degree weather! Then finishing training off by laying in the sun at the bottom of the hill working on your goggle tan.

I have exceeded my expectations so far. My body feels good and is getting better and better each day. My knees and back are getting stronger and stronger and I feel great every morning when I wake up.

It has been a good time to get back with the boys as well. We are heckling each other with fantasy football and having the football pools every weekend, along with putting on our training runs.

It is nice to be back with Leo and his humor. We developed some great skis before I called it quits last season and I finally got to ski on them. They are feeling fast and strong and ready to roll this season. We have also been doing some photo shoots for this season Fischer ad.



here's another thing that will make you laugh


Well adios for now and I will try and write more soon

Steven