Feel free to reply to my thoughts, experiences, and whatever comes out of this head of mine. blah blah blah

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day Dos

Hey yo, Day Dos,

It has been a while for me since I ran gates.  Since World Cup Finals in Bormio in fact.  It felt really good to ski.  The snow was super soft but it was good for my balance.  We did the apex drill (if you even care what that is) then moved into normal GS.  But the free skiing was fantastic.  After training Hans Olsson and I cruised around on the DH track for a few runs, then we became too cold.  (Its tough coming from 100 degree weather directly into below freezing conditions).  
Let me tell you about Hans.  He's a nasty ski racer hailing from the great country of Sweden. He's a funny guy with the classic Scandanavian sarcastic humor.  His brother is the Swedish play boy/freeskier, Jon Olsson.  I have been teasing Hans the past few years about having a brotherly competition because it just so happens that my little bradda (Blake) is a freeskier as well.  
I think it will be a fair competition when you balance it out.  Jon has been training in gates recently and Blake actually jumped into a session with me last season as well.  Hans has some skills on the jumps but he weighs in over a 100 kilos so some of his skills have diminished (hopefully).  I seem to be the one lacking in skills.  When I jump I freeze when I go upside down or start spinning.  I will go big though.  All we need to do is find a scoring system? The invite is out if any other brotherly duos want in.  It would be awesome if we could get a good crew and make it happen.  
Well I will leave you with a photo of tonight's sunset

Adios