Feel free to reply to my thoughts, experiences, and whatever comes out of this head of mine. blah blah blah

Monday, February 02, 2009

Black and Blue

Im just going to rant. Maybe it will help?

IM HURTING! My shins hurt, my left ankle hurts, my left knee hurts, my right calf hurts, my back hurts, shoulder hurts. DANG! what's my problem? I thought I worked out and got all strong so this crap wouldn't happen. BLAH! This ski racin stuff is tough on your body.
I used to be a machine and nothin would phase me. I could ski all day, now i can take four runs and have to go in? What's the deal? Anyone have some tips?
Heres my theory. Im starting to think I over work myself. You taste success and then want it more and more so you work harder and harder for it. (The work part isn't hard for me) I think my body needs a rest. Im starting to look around at the people I know see trends. It seems like the people who work the hardest are the ones who get hurt the most. Why so? There's a balance I need to find. If anyone has some scientific links that support this theory, then send them my way.  Til then I get to rest until thurs in hopes that my body feels
good enough to race World Champs.

And until then you can check out this pic of Erik Fisher being patriotic,i think i already posted it on my blog but its worth a second viewing.