Feel free to reply to my thoughts, experiences, and whatever comes out of this head of mine. blah blah blah

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

The land of the rising sun

I have been riding a ton lately and it has been great.  The knee is coming around and I am feeling great.  Yesterday I was riding my favorite ride and one I grew up on.  The alpine loop is its name and it is one of the most scenic rides I have ever been on.  You ride over a pass on Mt. Timpanogos and at the top you can see Snowbird, Alta, Lone Peak, Cascade while you are under Timp.  
I rode to the top for the second time this spring and this time it was with some of my Bike racing friends Brian and Hunter Tolbert along with their Dad Tracy and my Mom.  After chilling up top for a while we began the decent.  I wasnt pushing my speed at all but rounding one of the switch backs my tire slipped out and I went for a nice butt slide.  It was weird I didn't tear anything up except that.  No fingers, elbows, knees nothing.  I have never crashed on a Road bike so that was a first.  I hope a last.  I have definatly escaped a few close ones but this finally got me.  It isnt too fun.  It hurt to simply sit but I think I will get back on the bike thurs.  
My butt looks like the Japanese flag.  Mostly white with a big red circle on it.  Thanks to Robyn, Heather and my Mudda for picking the gravel out and burning me with hydrogen peroxide.