Feel free to reply to my thoughts, experiences, and whatever comes out of this head of mine. blah blah blah

Friday, October 22, 2010

Hammer Sessions!

The last two weeks have been hell weeks at the gym. The first week I had Travis Ganong, Marco Sullivan, and Erik Fisher with me and we were pushing each other through the work outs. Then they left for home to train and or a little vacation (FISH!!). So I have been at it alone the past week. Luckily I have had our trainer, Alex, by my side. The dudes an animal, he just had twins and gets 2-4 hours of sleep a night and still comes to work and keeps up with us during the workouts.
Heres a little schedule of what a hell week consists of.
MON-Weighted jumps up stairs followed by mini squats and free jumps up the stairs, then eccentric jumps down the stairs. Then to the sand pit for more plyos. Single leg, double leg.... Then a hour A1(recovery) bike session. Then a little friendly football.
TUES-Tolerance Bike session-We would bike up to the top of Deer Valley and then back down doing loops. 20 minutes at threshold 10 off 15 threshold, 10 min off, 10 min threshold. Then back to the gym for a core session.
WED-HEAVY lower leg session-all kinds of heavy lifts with jumps. Then another hour A1 bike session.
THURS-PUKE HILL-30 second sprints straight up a hill with 5 minutes recovery between each sprint. 5 sets I puked the first week but this week no puke. This thing toasts you and it is tough to do much after this except eat and stretch. But I managed to get a little fly fishing in.
FRI-Upper body strength session with a couple hour bike ride thrown in there.
SAT, SUN=Rest time

remember to toss in recovery session after each of these. Lots of stretching, rolling, ice tubs and good food.

Next up I have a light week ahead of me to rejuvenate before our Colorado ski camp! Can you believe it is already here? I am so fired up on this season. I haven't felt this good in a few years. My body is finally feeling good and I am feeling like an athlete again. I have a lot of work to do in my skiing but at least I know I am strong and capable of doing it. I just need to focus.

A big thanks to everyone who helped me get back into shape this summer.
John, Drew, Patty, Annette, Tony, the Ruhs, Team Renegade, Alex, Adam, my Teammates.

Sad news. John Adams, my trainer earlier this summer when I lived in San Diego, passed away last week. He had been fighting to recover from a really bad car accident. May you rest in peace my friend and it was a pleasure to get to know you. You gave everything you had to everyone around you and did it with passion. Thank You