Feel free to reply to my thoughts, experiences, and whatever comes out of this head of mine. blah blah blah

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sleep deprived

Hey Folks!
For some reason every night before I have to fly to Europe or any ski function I can't sleep the night before! Maybe it is because I am horrible at packing my bags? Maybe it is because I want to see everyone and I am awake until the weeee hours or the morning. Maybe it is me trying to pre adapt to Euro time zone. But if you ask me I think it is just the kid inside of me. It is the excitement in my bones! I love racing. I enjoy the fact that hundreds of people come
together, close down a massive strip of snow for us to hurtle our carcasses down. I enjoy scaring myself and testing my limits.
Last night I ended up going to sleep at 2 AM and then waking up at 4:45AM. Before I went to bed I was wide awake. I wasn't burdened by tiredness. Thoughts were streaming through my head. I want to ski I want to race. I decided to sleep because I thought it would be good for me! haha
Home was nice. After 30 some hours of traveling I finally arrived at home at 5 AM instead of the scheduled 11PM. I got three hours of sleep woke up at 8Am and went shredding at my old stomping grounds, Sundance. There was 2 feet of fresh awaiting me and I shredded all day! I even found untracked stashes the next day! Did I say Sundance? I meant uh....Sugarloaf, Main... ha ha.
To summarize this blog. I am stoked, I want to race. I feel good, I'm re energized and ready to go.
Steven

P.S. I got a Ukulele for Christmas, I'm going to be really annoying! haha