Feel free to reply to my thoughts, experiences, and whatever comes out of this head of mine. blah blah blah

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Red Room!

This past weekend was tough!  I understand the importance of staying in shape through the season but this week I felt it.  After I hurt my back I took two weeks off with very little activity.  I tried skiing a lot while I was home but you can't replicate the forces you produce while ski racing.
Racing this weekend I felt these forces.  On the Kvitfjell course I was feeling my legs 40 seconds into the course and already questioning myself.  It also showed when I slammed into the fence on the second Downhill day.  Everything is alright with my body and Im still in one piece.  This next week I have some time to put in some good physical training and hopefully end on a good note in Bormio.  
The positive side of the weekend is that I am skiing really well!  My splits were really fast each day but I would make some huge mistakes and loose a lot of time.  Kvitfjell is one of those courses where if you loose speed it takes a while to get it back, so mistakes compound upon each other.  
My heart goes out to Lanzinger.  It was really heavy news when I heard he would get his leg amputated.  Lanzi is a friend of mine.  There are three guys I get along really well with on the Austrian squad and he was one of them.  He had a different energy around him.  He is a really good dude, outgoing and happy to live life.  I give him and his family my best.