Feel free to reply to my thoughts, experiences, and whatever comes out of this head of mine. blah blah blah

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Monkey off my back

Wengen is over and now I am in Kitz. It felt so good to get the DNF
monkey off my back. It had been six races since I finished! (One I
finished but flipped around backward half way down the course, which
was basically DNFing). What a relief.
Another good ting that came out of Wengen was how I finished with the
intensity I put into it. I skied very safe and didn't take many risks
and still was 11th. Its a good feeling to know I can do that but it
is a bad feeling not leaving everything on the hill. Physically I was
exhausted but mentally and emotionally I was disappointed in my efforts.
Like I mentioned earlier, I am in Kitzbuhel now. Awaiting my first
race down the full legendary piste. (06 was the shortened course, 07
cancelled) The training runs have been going pretty well. I am
excited with my current form. The first time I ran Kitz I was simply
out of control and lucky to survive the piste. Now I feel like I can
regulate my skiing and push myself to different limits. Today I skied
really well on the top, then I got flagged exiting the steilhang. The
reason for the flag was because Andreas Buder crashed and they needed
to helicopter him out. I restarted from that point and skied well to
the finish! I was only 30 min and 52 seconds behind 1st place! haha.
I hope Buder will be alright. He was having a great season. I think
he had a couple of podiums and just came off a fourth place in
Wengen. Hes a good dude. Send him your best if you can.
Alright time for bed!
Steven
P.S. Ted Ligety is really good at Slalom! I trained today with him
and I am amazed with every turn he makes! I hope he wins the Slalom